Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Favorite Music Videos of the Moment

Yes, it’s been awhile since the last post. Apologies to the masses that wake every morning with a burning urge to check this blog for some new musical nugget.

Among the music I have occupied myself with in recent weeks is this song by The Duke & the King from there sophomore album Long Live The Duke & The King. I find it irresistibly catchy, the type of song that leads to knee-slapping, and eventually full-fledged "I am dancing in my bedroom" mode. The vocal harmonies throughout, the layered, syncopated, uptempo percussion, the guitar riff with a tinge of reverb, and the way the saxophone bursts in pulling with further warmth and energy, all of these components drawn together establish "Shaky" as a fantastic lead track to The Duke & the King's newest album.

While on the subject of the wonders of percussion, if Maps & Atlases "The Charm" hasn't made its way into your ears as of yet, check out this video. It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment