Thursday, November 11, 2010

Links and Videos

First, Cee-Lo's hotly anticipated release The Lady Killer is now available. Here is a great review from Pitchfork. Admittedly, I have not yet listened to the album from start to finish. It is a matter of time and restraint, not intentional neglect, because, secondly, tonight and then Friday, I will be taking in first Deer Tick and then Sufjan Stevens. Playing the part of an anxious student, I am cramming in anticipation, refusing to listen to anything other than those two artists. As much as I admire Cee-Lo and his music, he is certainly one individual who could derail my plans, and end up monopolizing my musical listening for days, even weeks, with those soul-filled vocal chords of his. He will just have to wait until Saturday morning.

Below are four songs, all of which I desperately hope to hear in the next forty-eight hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment