Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jonesing for Some Bright Eyes?

I have been on a rather unique Bright Eyes diet lately. In part, because "Shell Games" leaked a few days before Christmas, rousing my anticipation of their forthcoming album The People's Key. My hankering for more Oberst and the rest of Bright Eyes only escalated further when I stumbled onto Monsters of Folk playing Austin City Limits, rather fortuitously while engaging in a rare bout with late night television. With little "fresh" material, I found myself listening to old favorites again. Chiefly, I have been occupied with Bright Eyes' release Lifted, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground, from which several of my personal favorites can be drawn such as "You Will You? Will. You? Will. You? Will." and "Lover I Don't Have to Love."



2 comments:

  1. Interesting, when I tend to go off my Bright Eyes diet, those are the only two songs that stay on my playlist. "You Will" gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete